Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Only Boss I Listen to is Springsteen


Bruce Tote by Communitea on Etsy - Awesome!

Bruce Springsteen has been in my family since before I was born. My blessed aunt has loved him since she first heard his voice, and I so grew up
Dancing in the Dark, feeling like I had been Born in the USA, and looking forward to my Glory Days. As my mind developed I felt like I was hearing the songs for the first time, the meaning of the lyrics sinking in, until I realised that I too at night felt the blood in my veins, just as black and whispery as the rain.

So last year I finally got to see The Boss in action!

I think this may have been the event I has been waiting for my entire life I swear to god! As I said I was singing Dancing in the Dark and watching him pull Courtney Cox up on stage at the age of 4...it’s been 20 years coming and by God it was worth the wait! Playing the Hard Rock Calling festival in Hyde Park, he opened with London Calling, and didn't once slow the pace. His talent for live shows (all three hours of it) was quite incredible. I always get scared before I see one of my greatest perform because if it sucks its such a blow, but there was no need to worry! He is so down to Earth, and you can tell he just loves to perform, so much so that he came on stage and played guitar with Brian Fallon during Gaslight Anthem's set (Bruce is Brian's hero - must have felt to him like being blessed by the pope). He is a born performer and after all those years knows just how to get the best out of a crowd - every show he talks to the crowd and asks them for their signs that request songs, and because people know that he does that they all bring them. They pass them over to him and he holds them up to the band so they know what they are playing next, then he props it up at the front of the stage and plays that request. They have such an enormous back catalogue and such a long set that they are pretty much able to play any song that he and the E Street band have ever written.

And so my plan now is to ensure that the world attends a Bruce concert every week and then the overwhelming awesome high of Bruce-ness would prevent war and anger and violence. That's a bit of pressure on Brucey, but I reckon what with him being a demi god he could handle it.

And so when I saw that tote going for sale on Etsy I had to have it. I'm sure you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment