Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Bird of Tattooed Happiness






I just love this old school Sailor tattoo vibe - adore the fun graphics (not sure if I want to be covered in sailor like tattoos, but do love the artwork). I am wearing a little tattoo bird of bejeweled happiness today. She (this little swallow is sitting on a rose therefore must be a girl bird) arrived yesterday in a very special care package ordered on Etsy from the wonderful iamerica. It was described as a real gem and I must agree... the pin has a 3D look as the fabric has been puffed out and 'pooffed' to make it tactile little piece, and then just for the fun sparkly effect (I'm a magpie!) it has a few Swarovski crystals in just the right spots. works so with the multitude of jewel colours in my wardrobe. I love jewel colours...Sapphire blue, emerald green, ruby red, the purple of amethests...I think there are very few people who do not look fantastic in them. They are bold, striking and some what reminiscent of royalty and I think they all can pretty much go together too. My green cardie, which I thought was on its way to early retirement, got a happy little lift. It was just the sort of thing to cheer me up as I trudged into work this morning after my stirfry lunch leaked in my bag...the perfect grey antidote. I also tried it with my purple jacket, and that worked too - Yay!

The last picture is my tattoo inspired wishlist - all these items are available on Etsy from a variety of sellers when you search 'Sailor Tattoos'.

2 comments:

  1. found my way to you from lilli at frocksandfroufou. and i am ever so glad i did!
    LOVE the brooch, i especially love it with the green cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of tattoos - I would like to see more of your beautiful tattoos please - or at least you in some of the beautifulness of peacock inspired outfits!
    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete