Sunday, August 2, 2009

Roses are...Maroon





My first official post...I'm nervous! Ha ha! Also hats off to bloggers who manage to get an attractive an non-blurry full body shot. I have not been so lucky, so until I get better at this may have to take the outfit in sections - eek! Also decided to head inside before I got anymore nosey neighbours peering out of their lace curtains to see me striking somewhat silly poses in the hope of getting a good shot!
So here I am in one of my favourite skirts. Its a great colour, and at the bottom (as you can see) has the prettiest ribbon detailing, which changes it from a nicely cut skirt, into a romantic piece of whimsy. I have had it for years, but have always had a bit of a problem finding a top to match. White seemed a little too crisp, black a little too gloomy for day wear. And then, by fluke, I realised the other day that at the bottom corner of this lemon yellow top is a little flower in exactly the same shade as my skirt. So yay! I have paired it with pink ballet pumps and my giant maroon rose pendant.
The top is by my favourite designer, Maya Prass. She is from my native country, South Africa, and makes the most beautiful, feminine clothes in all the world. She uses a loads of different textured fabrics, with floral prints and flourishes and always manages to cut her clothes in the most flattering way, complimenting a woman's body! How refreshing to actually have a designer in the world who appreciates curves! Alas, as yet she does not have an online store, which makes my stay in London harder than it needs to be...but maybe one day!

1 comment:

  1. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

    Oh my Ruby - you truly are a creative treasure! And you look as beautiful as ever! I would be a peeping neighbour too! :-)

    ReplyDelete