Monday, April 19, 2010

Do-It-Yourself Class of 2010


Here are some pics from my wonderful prom birthday party. It was a wonderful mix of whimsy and romance - I love dress up for those reasons...You can be someone else, you can act like someone else, you get to surround yourself with things that you love but aren't necessarily for everyday or all the time! I wore a tutu, a tiara and fishnet gloves - would love to say this was my everyday attire, but alas I do not live in a fairytale (most of the time). So I have to take my Cinderella moments were I can get (or manufacture) them...

This party was a Do-It-Yourself extravaganza - all the decorations were made by my ever diligent friends, who cut out stars and made linked up paper chains, and made it a kitch/cool fiesta of epic proportions! Pink and purple, tinfoil stars - it was all totally indulgent! Everyone dressed up to the max - with an alarming amount of nerds, a few 80s throw backs, and even a bit of a tart... I was given a year book to commemorate the event - filled with ridiculous Captains Of and Most Likely Tos - will continue to give me many, many laughs!

In this case pictures are worth a thousand words, do feast your eyes on my silly theme and a handful of my ridiculous friends :) You are all wonderful!





5 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome party! You look adorable.
    Hope you had a great birthday :)

    http://thepaleandpallorprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady - it was a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to throw a party like that!! My birthday is comming... humm...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be at this party!!! AHHH! I need to tell my friends to throw a similarly themed affair. You look great!

    ReplyDelete