Thursday, July 29, 2010

Picture Perfect - Day 7, A Photo That Makes You Happy


This photo is of my best friend and I. It was a self portrait taken just before I left for London. I was throwing a hens party and Evie and I had her car rammed full of a billion pink balloons. We were running late, but one look at ourselves in the rearview mirror and I quickly took this shot. The drive to the party was hysterical, balloons bumping about our heads, the AC trying to keep the Durban summer at bay, me fighting them off Evie's face so that she could see the road, stereo blaring Zeppelin. It was a bitter sweet time. No work, all play - knowing that I would soon be leaving. My family were all over here already, and I spent my last month with good friends having good times and doing exactly what I wanted when I wanted. Wonderful and sad together. This picture reminds me of that time.


This is the newest picture of Evie and I. I made it the other day, as a pick me for the office. Everytime I feel a little miserable at work, I look at it and remember that in 5 months I will be somewhere in South East Asia with my best friend. On a beach, far from all the madness of the city and work and everything else. And so this picture also makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment