Monday, March 15, 2010

Hayley in Wonderland...


My outfit today is a vague tribute to Alice in Wonderland. I went to see this surreal cinema experience yesterday and, despite my own over hyping of the whole event and my unflinching love of Tim Burton (damn you Helena), it still managed to totally overwhelm me. Mr Depp's hatter was the maddest with a very real dash of melancholy and clarity, that is so characteristic of the mentally unstable. The red queen was ever the tyrannical despot, and yet unlike her animated counterpart, Helena Bonham Carter managed to eek some sympathy out of me. Her sister, the white queen, is played by Anne Hathaway, of the plus sized eyes and mouth. Something about her is so watchable, and I loved all the white (but they didn't have me convinced with the plum lipstick). Alice (played by Mia Wasikowska) is an ethereal flower, pale and pallid in reality, only ever blooming in Wonderland. A woman before her time, you can't help but feel sorry she can't stay having tea with the heroic hatter.

And so we have striped courtesy of tweedle dee and tweedle dum, a heart courtesy of the red queen, and the shoes and bow for little Alice herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment