Monday, March 8, 2010

Red Carpet Keepers

What is there to talk about today, if you are remotely interested in fashion, but the red carpet? That glorious parade of taffeta, silk, satin and chiffon is enough to make me sell my soul and head off for Hollywood! Now usually when looking at a few of the dresses I find it hard not to get the claws out and rip some of those brocades to ribbons, but as this is supposed to be a positive space lets focus on the gorgeous, glorious, womanly numbers...


Sticking with my latest passion for peach, I couldn't help myself when I saw this frilly phantom of a frock. Anna Kendrick looked like Titania's sister in this wonder of folds and floaty fabric. Its not something I could ever wear, but a girl can dream right? This dress is Romance.


Damn the internet - the woman won an Oscar, and yet I cannot find a fitting tribute to this dress. How I love the diagonal way the lace has been placed, to give curves and the one sweet little cap sleeve. But alas, another one that is not gypsy friendly. My colouring is no good for champagne, and lets face it, something that high necked is no good for one with the boobies, but damn Sandra looked such the Hollywood siren.


Oh god, I am a scarlet harlot, a total whore for red! And this dress is amazing. Amy Adams just blows the idea that red heads can't wear red right out of the water, and its such a flattering style - shows off the decolletage, floats over the tummy, long pleats make you look longer, and the geometric patterns make it modern and interesting. Generally its a keeper, and a style that would work for so many real women. Wondrous.

Maybe I live in a bubble, but I pretty much have no idea who this woman, Sherri Shepherd, is. She is off that programme The View, and apparently a lot of people hate her. Well whatever. I love this dress. I love the midnight blue with the black overlay, and all that drapiness makes for a very flattering style, while the band accentuates her waist.


Kate Winslet has long been one of my style icons. Firstly, the lady celebrates positive body image, and disagrees with having the shit photoshopped out of herself so she looks like something totally unattainable. Secondly, she knows how to do glam. I love how old school Hollywood this dress is, and as I am going through a bit of an art deco fixation, I am really enjoying the references in this dress. Now if only I could get some blonde forties hair going on...


The second midnight blue number, and another example of old school Hollywood appeal. This dress is miraculous for creating curves where I am pretty sure there are none. Seriously though, if even Miss Kristen Stewart, wants some curves, shouldn't us real women be celebrating ours and making the most of them.

Viva la Glam - Now someone take me to the ball so I can get my Cinderella on!



No comments:

Post a Comment