Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mixed Tape Track 3 - 'And she probably lives in Tahiti'


It seems I have a little movie theme going here with the Mixed Tape. It might be a coincidence, or it could be my media addiction, either way today's track is taken from Stranger than Fiction. There are moments in that movie that make me amazingly happy in my heart - Its something to do with the combination of Emma Thompon's voice, the peculiarity of the story, and the offbeat romance of Will Ferrel and Maggie Gyllanhal. It's the perfect Sunday afternoon movie, when you want something that warms the cockles of your heart, but without giving you that 'Oh god, I just ate too much chocolate and now I need to yack' feeling. One of my favourite scenes is the one with this song...

Whole Wide World - Wreckless Eric

"When I was a young boy
My mama said to me
There's only one girl in the world for you
And she probably lives in Tahiti

I'd go the whole wide world
I'd go the whole wide world
Just to find her"

No comments:

Post a Comment