Thursday, March 11, 2010

A letter to my Liebe


The love letter is not dead! How do I know? Because the other day I played a little part in delivering one. I was getting on my train to go home the other evening, and I saw a cream envelope tucked into one of the seats. I extracted it, and it was addressed to someone in Berlin, but not yet sealed. Inside there was a letter in German, that was addressed Liebe. A few years ago my lovely friend Yvette bought me a little heart shaped pin that says Liebe on it. And so I know that it said Love. It was also signed with a kiss - and I think this may have been an adolescent kiss, as it was done with glitter lip gloss :) The letter had a faint scent that seemed lightly laced with violets.
The sweetness of this letter just plucked at my sense of romance (plus it was far enough after Valentines Day that I wasn't resenting the world's couples). So I decided to post it for this girl who had gone to all the effort of posting it. I hope it got there safely.
In tribute to the young lovers, I wore my Liebe pin yesterday, along with my favourite new bracelet. I bought it off etsy, and now I want a necklace to match!

No comments:

Post a Comment