Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lady Luck




I always think of luck as that little something extra. Something you didn't see coming, and don't usually have. We are always looking for luck, but we only feel that we have found evidence of it with a sudden financial windfall, an empty parking space, or a returned possesion. I am starting to think perhaps we are looking in the wrong places.

I bought this necklace from Accesorize the other day to call my attention to just how Lady Luck is in evidence everyday (Oh, and because its pretty). I am lucky to have all my family and most of my friends so close. I am lucky to be able to travel and see the world. I am lucky to be loved. I am lucky to have beautiful clothes, and wonderful accessories. I am lucky to have a job (in this bloody economic climate). I am lucky to laugh every day. I am lucky to have seen Kings of Leon thrice (oh, i am a show off).

Now, don't think that this is me attempting to enlighten the world in some terribly arrogant and supercilious way, as I think we are all aware of how lucky we are. Rather this is to serve as a reminder - we just need reminding of it a little more often. So hence the necklace - often I don't see that luck, but I really am going try and see it more, and feel sorry for myself less... because I am lucky, every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment