Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mixed Tape Track 4 - 'I think you know the answer to your question'


I love a ballad, especially when the singer is sombre and there is a slight desperation to it.
Emily's Heart ticks all of these boxes. I wouldn't consider myself a fan usually, and Jamie's colloquial, plaintive whinge shouldn't be pleasing to the ear, yet the lyrics are sung with such earnest and honesty, and suprisingly with little regret but much empathy for Emily, despite her crime.
Jamie urges us not to meddle with Emily's heart, and yet sadly, he meddled with his original to release it as a single. And so the link I am providing is for the longer original...Enjoy.

Emily's Heart - Jamie T

"Bruised and bloody, I'm lying on the ground,
And I am aware that I let the poor girl down,
Now I'm dying, as a message to the town,
This what happens, if you fuck around,
So meddle if you want trouble, trouble then you should meddle,
But don't ever meddle with Emily's heart…"

No comments:

Post a Comment